If you are suffering from infertility, this means you cannot conceive even after trying for at least a year. Women who have recurring miscarriages or stillbirths may also suffer from infertility. However, you do not have to suffer, as many treatments are available. That’s why our team at Carter Natural Health Center in Hendersonville is here to help.
What Causes Infertility?
In order for a woman to become pregnant, ovulation and fertilization need to take place accordingly. There are instances that may become present at birth, resulting in infertility, while other times, conditions develop later on down the line. It can affect both men and women.
Causes of male infertility include:
- Abnormal sperm function or production can be a result of genetic defects, diabetes, or even STDs.
- Issues with the delivery of sperm can be caused by premature ejaculation, cystic fibrosis, and many others.
- Too much exposure to environmental factors such as alcohol cigarette smoking, anabolic steroids, and even high blood pressure.
Female infertility can have many causes that include:
- Ovulation issues such as PCOS, hyperprolactinemia, or even thyroid issues such as hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism.
- Cervical or uterine abnormalities include uterine polyps or even benign tumors in the uterine wall.
- Damaged or blocked fallopian tubes can be caused by pelvic inflammatory disease, endometriosis, or adhesions.
- Pelvic adhesions can be a result of appendicitis, pelvic surgery, or even endometriosis.
- Cancer as well as the treatment from it.
Symptoms of Infertility
Symptoms may be obvious or not when a woman or man suffers from infertility. For women, the main symptom is the inability to conceive. Other times women may have absent or irregular menstrual periods. On the other hand, men may have hormonal issues such as a change in hair growth patterns or sexual function changes.
Our chiropractor can perform subluxations which can help strengthen a woman’s menstrual cycle. The nerves that lead to the reproductive system will not function properly if they are blocked. Infertility can be assisted through Acupuncture. This treatment helps improve the overall health and well-being of a person. Seeing a chiropractor regularly can help with your breathing, digestion, and even blood vessel dilation, resulting in helping a fertilized egg move into the fallopian tubes.
Contact Us for Quality Care from Our Hendersonville Chiropractor
Our Hendersonville team is ready to help you understand your infertility and how we can help. Our Chiropractic Care, Acupuncture and Nutrition Response Testing® helps patients better understand their health needs and how to achieve optimal wellness. If you are in the Middle Tennessee area, give us a call here at Carter Natural Health Center to schedule your appointment today.