Fibromyalgia is a long-term medical condition that causes various symptoms that can mimic other medical conditions. Most of the time, the condition is misdiagnosed. There are several treatment options available for fibromyalgia, with one being trips to a chiropractor's office. At Carter Natural Health Center, we have been providing Hendersonville, TN residents with natural and effective fibromyalgia treatment for many years.
Signs & Symptoms
Common symptoms of fibromyalgia include:
- Sleep problems
- Anxiety and depression
- Issues with concentration, memory, and thinking
- Tiredness and fatigue
- Stiffness and pain felt throughout the body
- Migraines and other headaches
You may also notice:
- Numbness or tingling in the feet and hands
- Pain in the jaw or face
- Constipation, abdominal pain, IBS, and other digestive problems
Common and known risk factors include:
- Rheumatoid arthritis or lupus. If you have either, you are at a higher risk of developing fibromyalgia.
- Age. Fibromyalgia affects people of all ages, children included. Most people aren’t diagnosed until they are of middle age.
Other possible risk factors include:
- Gender. Women are twice as likely to develop fibromyalgia.
- Traumatic or stressful events such as car accidents, or PTSD
- Repetitive stress on joints or injuries
- Viral infections or other illness
- Family history
Blood work, x-rays, physical exams, and a review of patient history are all used to diagnose fibromyalgia. We also offer nutrition response testing that can be used to diagnose fibromyalgia along with many other medical conditions. It is a highly unique method that helps with the improvement of a person’s well-being and overall health.
Our chiropractor offers four different methods of fibromyalgia treatment, including:
- Nutrition Response Testing®: Recommendations will also be made regarding the patient's diet and supplements which play a huge role in curing conditions. This method combined with chiropractic treatments will work together in helping the body heal.
- Chiropractic adjustments: Restoring the body’s natural alignment improves the function of the nervous system, allowing the brain to process pain more accurately.
- Physical therapy: Fibromyalgia can cause muscle pain that is so severe to the point it can become debilitating, so therapy is recommended. Muscle tone is lost once a patient stops moving, and physical therapy helps prevent this from happening.
- Lifestyle counseling: Our chiropractor helps fibromyalgia patients modify their lifestyles to ease the condition’s symptoms. This may consist of exercise or other ways to reduce pain without the need for medication.
Contact Our Chiropractor in Hendersonville, TN for Fibromyalgia Treatment
For more information on methods of fibromyalgia diagnosis, such as nutrition response testing, or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor, call Carter Natural Health Center today at (615) 826-8480.